Welcome to Nepean Private Hospital
At Nepean Private Hospital our patients come first. For over twenty years our 109 patient-bed hospital has been providing high quality healthcare to the broader communities of Penrith. Our hospitals provides a full range of surgical and medical services including a orthopaedics, urology, ear, nose and throat, paediatrics, gastroenterology and endoscopy, general, bariatric, gynaecology, plastic and reconstructive surgeries as well as neurosurgery dental. With a dedicated women's health unit we provide a hoslistic maternity service for mother and baby, this service also includes a special care nursery. In March 2016, we opened our state of the art Cardiac Cath Lab to compliment our growing Cardiology service and Critical Care Unit. Our hospital is dedicated to anticipating and exceeding patients’ needs, your care is important to us.
Patients are advised to contact the hospital on 02 4732 7333 before arriving at the hospital if they have travelled internationally or interstate within the last 14 days. If you have respiratory symptoms such as cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of smell, taste or appetite, muscle or joint pain or have been in close contact within the last 14 days with a confirmed case of Novel Coronavirus.
Nepean Private Hospitals priority is to maintain the safety of our patients and staff at all times. In response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have implemented restricted visiting conditions:
Visiting hours are from and limited to:
Monday to Friday - 4pm to 5pm
Saturday & Sunday - 1pm to 2pm
- One (1) nominated person for a maximum of one (1) hour a day
- No children under 16 years of age are permitted
In a proactive, cautious response to the presence of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we decided to temporarily reduce patient visitors to the Special Care Nursery, Maternity Ward and Delivery Suite. Due to the easing of these restrictions we have reviewed our visiting policy to the above units and are pleased to advise the new guidelines starting from Tuesday 6th of October.
During your upcoming Hospital stay:
- Your partner / support person plus one other nominated support person can be permitted to be with you in the Delivery Suite
- Following the birth your partner / support person will be permitted to stay with you in the unit
- Your second nominated support person may visit for 1 hour, once per day between the hours of 4pm - 5pm Monday to Friday or 1pm - 2pm Saturday and Sunday
- Siblings may visit once per day for 30 minutes and be accompanied by your partner / nominated support person and must remain in your room
Please be assured that we are acting with continued caution to safeguard the wellbeing of you and your baby and give you the best start to new parenthood. We therefore ask that other family and friends do not visit.
We acknowledge the Darug people as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we live and work. We acknowledge the Elders, both past and present.