Please note that visitor restrictions remain in place at all Healthscope Hospitals, so we can minimise any potential infection risks.
We suggest that visitors can telephone you via the switchboard or your direct line. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Please contact your surgeon if you have any questions or concerns about your health or your upcoming procedure.
Last updated 12 May, 2022
As the safety of our patients and staff remains our highest priority, we continue to maintain strict safety protocols on site, including physical distancing, hand hygiene and wearing of masks.
Please be advised that from Friday 11 March 2022, we have updated our visitor guidelines. Patients may now have two visitors at a time, during the designated visiting hours.
Visiting hours are:
- Monday to Friday: 3pm to 7pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 12pm to 3pm
All permitted visitors must:
- have had two doses of a recognised vaccine (unless they have a medical exemption)
- have not tested positive to COVID-19 within the past 7 days
- are not a high-risk contact of someone who has COVID-19 in the previous 14 days
- do not have COVID-19 symptoms
- have not returned from overseas in the past 7 days
- children under 12 years of age must be fully vaccinated
- wear a surgical mask correctly on entry and for the duration of the visit
- your baby’s siblings are also permitted for a short visit, they must be accompanied by your partner or support person and must remain in your room during the visit
Car parking is available for patients and visitors off Barber Avenue, this park has associated fees.
Two hour council run carpark available opposite hospital.
Bus: Regular bus services operate along the Main Road.
Train: The nearest train station is situated at Kingswood.
Taxi: To book a Taxi use our dedicated Taxi phone line located in our Reception, this service is free of charge
Nepean Private Hospital is committed to delivering the highest quality of health care in an environment that is constantly striving to exceed the expectation of you as our customer.
Feedback systems are part of our quality improvement program and enhance our service by:
- Identifying areas that need improvement
- Providing opportunity to individually meet your needs
- Giving our customers an opportunity to have their legitimate complaints considered within a clearly defined process
Feedback can be made by:
Discussing issues with the
- Nurse Unit Manager of your ward
- After Hours Manager (AHM) of the hospital
Or by completing a patient impression survey and placing it in the box provided at the nurse’s station.
- If unresolved, the Nurse Unit Manager/After hours manager will elevate the complaint to the Hospital Executive (General Manager and Director of Nursing)
- The Hospital Executive will discuss the issues with you if you contact the office on 02 4725 8600, or make it known to the Nurse Unit Manager/After hours manager that you wish to speak with one of the Executive
- Compliments or complaints may also be made in writing to the General Manager or the Director of Nursing via email or mail to Locked Bag 8014 Penrith NSW 2751.
You are also able to involve the NSW Health Care Complaints Commission in your complaint if you wish to have an independent body involved in the resolution process.
Toll free: 1800 043 159 email@example.com
All concerns are taken seriously by Nepean Private Hospital and will be investigated.
Smoking: To protect the health of our patients, visitors and staff at the Nepean Private Hospital, buildings, grounds, walkways, entrances and car parks are smoke free.
Smoking is prohibited on our grounds and compliance is a condition of entry to our hospital. If you would like further assistance on how to stop smoking contact your GP or call New Quit-line on 131 848 NSW Health or Quit-line 137 848 Cancer Institute NSW.
Alcohol: Visitors or patients are not to bring alcohol into the hospital.
Refreshments, Newspapers and Magazines can be purchased from The Red Cherry Coffee Shop in the Specialist Centre on the ground floor Monday – Friday 7.30am to 4.00pm.
Newspapers are also available on all wards.