Essential information prior to surgery
To enable us to contribute to the provision of a safe and efficient experience, please find listed some information to consider before your hospital admission.
- Bring any papers or forms given to you by your surgeon, including any doctor referral letters
- Bring all relevant x-rays, scans or MRI's
- Ensure you have your spectacles or hearing aids with you
- It is important to arrive punctually for your appointment to allow time for preparation; if you think you will be late please telephone the hospital
- Please bring any medications you are taking in their original packaging and a completed Medicine Wise list completed by your doctor or pharmacist
- Please leave any valuables and jewellery at home as we are not responsible for lost or stolen items
- You might find it beneficial to bring a book or (toys for children) while waiting for theatre.
Day and multi-day surgery
Once your operation is confirmed by your private surgeon, please complete your e-Admission registration.
A member of staff from Nepean Private Hospital will contact you the day prior to your admission after 2pm to inform you of your time of arrival, fasting details and other relevant information. If you have not heard from the Hospital by 4pm, please contact us on 02 4732 7333.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have prior to your admission on 02 4725 8722, where a pre-admission nurse will be able to assist.
On arrival at Nepean Private Hospital please report to the main reception where you will be directed to your relevant unit.
A nurse will orientate you to your unit and complete any medical documentation, answer any questions in preparation for your surgery/stay.
If you have any further questions in relation to your surgery/stay at Nepean Private Hospital, please do not hesitate to ask any of our staff.